Sunglasses are primarily to protect your eyes from the suns’ harmful UV rays. But they’re also so much more than that… Sunglasses are the ultimate fashion accessory, sports necessity and driving partner. Sunglasses are diverse and come in a huge range of styles, colours and shapes. That’s why it’s important to make sure that you choose the right pair for you.
At Eyesite we take the time to help you select your perfect pair of shades, no matter what you need them for. Our expert team are able to advise you on the best styles to complement your face shape and skin tone. Come in to one of our branches and try on a range of sunglasses with one of our specialist team.
You can follow the same outlines in our tips for choosing glasses when it comes to frame shape; however with sunglasses there are other additional things to consider.
Choosing a Lens Colour:
Sunglasses lenses aren’t just coloured for fashion or to be aesthetically pleasing – they actually each serve very different purposes. Take a look:
Grey/Black lenses are good for use in most weather as you would expect, except for snow, where blue and pink/red lenses can be more beneficial. For outdoor activities they are a great choice.
Aside from lower light weather, pink/red coloured lenses are ideal in most weather. For activities such as driving and cycling they can also be beneficial as they offer a higher contrast.
Yellow lenses are suited for more niche activities (such as shooting, mountain biking and activities involving computer screens) as they filter blue light. They are also beneficial in low light and foggy conditions.
Green, like black lenses are good all rounders for most weather conditions and activities. They also enhance contrast in dull conditions.
Brown/orange lenses are good for use in many sports as they provide a good depth perception and enhance the contrast of what you see. These ra ebest used in sunny weather, not low light conditions.
Not only are they fashionable, blue lenses are perfect for winter sports and snowy weather, reducing glare and enhancing your colour perception.
Why buy your sunglasses from Eyesite?
We believe in a personal approach when it comes to purchasing any of our eyewear collection. It’s important to us that you feel like your needs and requirements are catered for and you’re seen by someone you can trust. That’s why our teams are given regular training, to ensure they’re up to date with the latest trends and fashions within the industry.
- A fantastic choice: Eyesite’s wide range of sunglasses includes Oakley, Ray-Ban, Bollé, Tom Ford, Tiffany & Co, Prada, Calvin Klein and Gucci.
- Helpful advice on choosing sunglasses at all our branches
- Take your time to try on as many pairs of sunglasses as you like.
- Expertise in eye health: Sunglasses at Eyesite block both UVA and UVB rays to protect your eyes properly.
- Better comfort: Eyesite’s experienced opticians will ensure that your sunglasses fit you perfectly.
- Better protection: The Eyesite team will also ensure that your sunglasses fit well enough to effectively block out unfiltered light from reaching your eyes.
- Customer service: If we don’t currently stock the particular sunglasses you would like, we are happy to order them for you.
- Fashion leaders: Eyesite selects only the very best of the international sunglass ranges for you and is a preferred supplier by the leading designer brands.
- Quality: we only stock sunglasses that we judge to be made of high quality, durable materials.
If you’d like to understand more about the process of choosing sunglasses or glasses then we’ve got loads of useful information on what you can expect.
Alternatively, pop in to one of our branches and speak directly to a member of our team who will be happy to help you.